The MOBILE token is mined by 5G Hotspots through both data transfer proceeds as well as Proof of Coverage.
The mint address for MOBILE is
the Solana blockchain.
Redemption for HNT
Protocol tokens like MOBILE will always be backed by HNT and will convert to HNT. To enable this, each network within the Helium Network is allocated a pool of HNT based on the Network Utility Score. The redemption ratio is set algorithmically by the treasury swap contacts based on this Network Utility Score.
The Helium Wallet App serves as the primary platform for exchanging MOBILE to HNT. This transaction can also be performed directly through the Solana blockchain using the open-source tooling found in the Helium GitHub repositories.
MOBILE follows a similar minting schedule to HNT, however at a max supply of 230,000,000,000 (230B). 50B MOBILE were pre-mined at the launch of the Mobile Network and distributed to the Network operations fund administered by the Helium Foundation. A fraction of this allocation was distributed throughout the Genesis period to live Mobile Network Hotspots. Year 1 for MOBILE started on August 1st, 2022.
The issuance is scheduled to have halvings every 2 years, aligning with HNT issuance halvings.
|Year||MOBILE at Year Start||MOBILE Minted||Proof of Coverage (4)||Hotspot Data (4)||Mappers||Service Providers||Oracles (5)||veHNT Stakers|
Full token emissions can be viewed in the MOBILE section of this document: Token Emissions as of Solana Migration
- HIP-70: Scaling the Helium Network↩
- HIP-75: MOBILE PoC - Initiate Programmatic Minting↩
- HIP-77: Solana Parameters↩
- 50B pre-mine, 60B max emitted in year one. Only 30B was emitted as no emissions occurred between August 2022 and Jan 31st, 2023↩
- Oracles are not rewarded until additional Oracle operators deploy services.↩
- Any MOBILE not rewarded for data transfer is rolled into Proof of Coverage.↩