Based on early tests, validator node requirements include:
- Operating system:
- Planning on running from docker: Any linux based system capable of running docker
- Planning on running from source: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Intel, AMD or ARM based processor 3.0 GHz or above with 2 cores or equivalent
- In testnet, scores of GeekBench 5 Multi-Core of greater than 2,200 have performed well
- For Intel and AMD systems, AVX2 or AVX support is required. Verify your CPU supports these extensions by checking
grep avx /proc/cpuinfoand verifying that AVX support is included in the output.
- These recommendations may change for mainnet as the size of consensus groups grow and hotspot transactions are added
- Memory: 8 GB or above
- Storage: 256 GB or more for mainnet. 64GB is sufficient for testnet.
- If using AWS, a t2.large or t2.xlarge EC2 instance or equivalent is recommended. If using another cloud provider, like GCP, Azure, or Digital Ocean, an instance with similar capabilities should be the target.
- Static IP address with port
2154(TCP) opened in your firewall with a route available to your validator host.
- Running on stable network connection free of things like proxies, NAT, etc. The load is largely symmetrical when producing blocks, so good upstream connectivity recommended.
- It is discouraged to run Mainnet Validators at home.
Please review the Expectations for Running a Validator on Testnet for additional expectations.