Due to the overwhelming demand for Hotspots, the community designed and approved a process for adding new, verified manufactures to the ecosystem. This is known has HIP19. With HIP19 in place, companies can submit an application to be reviewed by the community and the DeWi.
The full process for approving and auditing new manafacturers is as follows (originally outlined in this blog post):
- Makers submit a HIP19 Proposal.
- DeWi sends KYC/B request for documentation.
- DeWi approves KYC/B and sends hardware audit information.
- Makers send hardware samples for audit.
- Makers obtain and send regulatory radio certifications. *steps 4 and 5 can happen at the same time
- Once Makers pass hardware audit, they are allowed to proceed to Network Integration.
- The final stage of Network Integration is being able to add Hotspots to the Onboarding Server.