While the team focused on the Gateway Monitoring feature, this sprint they also knocked off a number of frontend and backend issues reported by the community. In addition, an out-of-band update was released last week to address a number of issues.
Features and fixes
- Multi-packet issues: late packets: 396
- Console UI updates: editing Device and Function names
- Enabled AWS downlinks: 790
- Provided Pending indicator on individual device page upon initial join
- Minor system email content inconsistency issues fixed
- Resolved a search issue when using Safari
- Users able to unenroll from 2-factor authentication
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from deleting organizations
- Label metadata for devices included in uplink integration requests
- Fixed issue with
nginx-default.conftemplate where the
X-Forwarded-Forheader was not being passed to the docker container
- Added additional mandatory and optional environment variables to open source
Out-of-band update released last week:
- In certain situations Console UI was not kept updated with actual DC count.
- Frame counter management causing "Uplink dropped: Late" packets over AU915: https://github.com/helium/router/issues/379
- State channel optimization work
- Addressed GRPC server restart issue that was impacting light Hotspots
- Self-hosted router repeats error bad argument: https://github.com/helium/router/issues/407
- Multi-purchase packet not working in certain congested situations: https://github.com/helium/router/issues/343
Open source users
New users should use the latest master version.
Existing users are highly recommended to quickly update Console/Router to the newest version which includes the latest blockchain core update to ensure smooth operations.
Check the readme for upgrading instructions here.
Additional technical documentation here.
This release includes changes in
.env open source template files. Please
review the updated files and make changes to your local files as you see fit.
The team’s focus in the coming weeks (usual disclaimers apply):
- Gateway monitoring feature
- Microsoft Azure IoT Hub pre-built Integration
- Implement decision for Australia frequency based on Decentralized Wireless Alliance and community decision
- Packet purchaser: provide capability to only receive single copy of packets
- Packet purchaser: integrate with ChirpStack LoRaWAN Network Server