The core developers have tagged a new
2021.08.05.0 Hotspot firmware release which updates the
currently blessed snapshot and includes some fixes for state channel handling for packet routing.
The release also includes support for fetching more seed nodes from DNS and some fixes for other
applications using blockchain-core (router and ETL).
This is an optional but recommended release for Hotspot owners and manufacturers to continue syncing with newly blessed snapshots. We also believe this release will improve an issue with 'bursting' packets on router that has been observed.
- erlang-libp2p#337: Allow seed nodes to be resolved from DNS records
- miner#967: Update blessed snap to snap-953281
- blockchain-core#939: Handle stale state channel banners correctly
- blockchain-core#938: Don't send state channel banners on normal packet reception
- blockchain-core#936: Improve state channel logging for clarity and performance
- blockchain-core#937: Fix to json for consensus group failure transaction
- blockchain-core#935: Allow custom key for transaction manager cache
We have been beta testing
2021.08.05.0 since Aug 5th, 2021 3:30 PM PT. Current ETA for GA is 10:00
AM PT, Aug 6th, 2021.