This release was the first with our three-tier development environment and focused on improved downlink capabilities and provided more details for LoRaWAN MAC commands for uplink events.
Features and updates
- Added MAC commands for uplink events.
- Included Hotspot column which provides the number of Hotspots that sent packets.
- Added a filter for events with commands.
- Downlink provides the ability to schedule where a downlink is in the queue (first and last) and view which downlinks are queued.
- Updated downlink input to make more clear for supported formats (either base64 or plain text).
- Included a check box to expand all events.
- Included a flag in the header for events that contain decoded payloads.
- Decoded payload displays among multiple lines.
- Provided a visual way to identify if a device's label does not have an Integration attached.
- Made it easier to access existing Integrations.
- Added ability to sort Labels on the Label index page.
- Handle ADRAckReq flag even when Allow ADR is false.
- Included internal metrics for early alerts related to blockchain issues
- Users no longer need to need to scroll through the entire list of events when expanded all.
- Downlink no longer shows an error if two or more integrations are attached.
- HTTP integration works even if “&” inside of URL.
- Reduced the number of warnings during the open-source build to avoid confusion.
- Console logs out at session expiration.
Open source users
New users use the latest master version.
Existing users are highly recommended to quickly update Console/Router to the newest version which includes the latest blockchain core update to ensure smooth operations. To update, check the newest instructions, rebuild, and restart. The database is not affected.
The team’s focus in the coming weeks (usual disclaimers apply):
- Discovery mode support for Hotspot new feature
- Increase accuracy of timestamps
- Add a prebuilt integration for Google Sheets
- Provide docs to help monitor open source Console
- Create a module to integrate with other LoRaWAN network servers, initially ChirpStack.
- Update Console core design based on Flows (beta) feedback