The team made a number of core backend fixes related to downlinks, and initial device joins. Debug mode, and the event log also received updates.
After this release we’ll move to a three-week release cycle. While we’ll continue two-week sprints, an additional week will be used for testing both internally and with third parties.
This extended-release cycle is part of our move to increase quality of releases and requires building a three-tier development environment which includes: dev, staging, and production.
Features and updates
- Debug mode updates: more descriptive headers, only displays relevant information categories, and position viewing events is kept constant as more events appear.
- Event log exports up to a limit of 1440 events in JSON format not just those displayed.
- Provided a visual way to identify if a device does not have an integration attached in the event log.
- Join accept events are consistent with colors used to represent downlinks.
- Provided an update to make sure downlink information was correctly reported.
- Included internal communication when downlinks are dropped.
- Increased accuracy to identify correct devaddrs.
- Provided a patch to help make initial device joins more consistent.
- Addressed race condition with multi-packet purchase.
- Tightened tests on data fields, including reported at field.
- Fixed Console email formatting issues for certain mail clients and screen sizes.
Open source users
New users use the latest master version.
Existing users are highly recommended to quickly update Console/Router to the newest version which includes the latest blockchain core update to ensure smooth operations. To update, check the newest instructions, rebuild, and restart. The database is not affected.
The team’s focus in the coming weeks (usual disclaimers apply):
- Discovery mode support for Hotspots
- Build and adopt infrastructure for a three-tier development environment
- Downlink management capabilities
- Update Event log to include more LoRaWAN-related information.
- Create a module to integrate with other LoRaWAN network servers, initially ChirpStack.
- Add a prebuilt integration for Google Sheets
- Update Console core design based on Flows (beta) feedback